Saturday, August 7, 2010

Recipe 30: Turkey Sloppy Joes



Sloppy Joes are one thing I know that Lil Harrison likes so when I came across a Ground Turkey recipe that was from scratch instead of using the high sodium packet, I had to try it out.



They were really good. My husband said that he prefers the packet ones I made previously but they were very flavorful. One thing he knows though is that I am always going to try to make any recipe healthier for us and he respects that and doesn't complain too much.



Turkey Sloppy Joes
Courtesy of allrecipes.com
Submitted By: Sue Ann O'Buck
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes
Servings: 6




Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey breast
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup no-salt-added ketchup
3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split




Directions:
In a nonstick skillet, cook the turkey and onion for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Add the next seven ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment