Another rated 5 dinner by my husband and I. The pork chops were served with a simple spinach salad topped with the dressing recipe below....Enjoy!
I am always looking for new things when I go grocery shopping and love to come upon new things "On Sale". The spice people, "McCormick" recently came out with a new line called "Recipe Inspirations". This new line is a Pre-measured Spice Pack and Recipe Card and its very convenient and cost effective because you don't necessarily have to purchase new spices every time you want to make a new recipe. My spice collection is vastly growing as are my potted herbs. It is really fun to try new flavors and tasts. I would encourage you to try this recipe whether you have all of the spices already and go from the recipe below or if you go to the grocery store and pick up the packet. The packet itself has been on sale at both Lucky's and Safeway the last few weeks.
Apple and Sage Pork Chops
Recipe Courtesy of McCormick & Co., Inc.
1 1/2 tsp. Sage
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Thyme Leaves
1/2 tsp. Ground Allspice
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
4 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick( about 1 1/4lbs.)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, thinkly sliced
2 red apples, thinly sliced
1/2 cup apple juice
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1. Mix flour, all of spices and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with 1 tbsp of the seasoned flour.
2. Cook pork chops in hot oil in large skillet on medium- high heat until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add apples; cook and stir 2 minutes.
3. Stir in juice, sugar and remaining seasoned flour until well mixed. Return pork chops to skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until done.
I used bone in pork chops (still around 1 1/4 pounds total) because my husband and I prefer this cut.
APPLE VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING
provided by Michigan Apples
Makes about 6 2-tablespoon servings
• 1/4 cup apple juice
• 1/4 cup oil
• 3 tablespoons vinegar
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• Paprika, salt, and pepper (optional)
1. Combine apple juice, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, and spices (if desired) in a covered jar. Shake to mix well.2. Serve over fresh greens or pasta salad.
Nutrition Information per serving:Calories 95 Calories from Fat 81Total Fat 9.0 gSaturated Fat 1.6 gCholesterol 0 mgSodium 0 mgTotal Carbohydrate 4 gDietary Fiber 0 gSugar 3 gProtein 0 gVitamin A 0 REVitamin C 2 mgCalcium 1 mgIron 0 mg