Monday, July 5, 2010

Completely Inspired

Relaxing on a lazy Saturday at home I flipped through the guide to see what was on and realized that the movie, "Julie and Julia" was just coming on. Now when this movie was first previewed I wanted to see it in the theatres but either lack of time or just life with a 4 year old had stood in my way. Now here it was on Showtime and it was starting in 4 minutes, so I adjusted the couch pillows and prepared myself for the movie not knowing that it was going to take my love of cooking to a whole new level.


After watching the movie my mind was spinning....I love to cook....I could do something like this....hmmmm..... but those of you that know me know two things....1. I am very picky and 2. I am on a quest to make my family happy and more healthy. I jumped up to gather all of my cookbooks including my Weight Watchers and Biggest Loser collections and realized, I don't think I could cook my way through any of these.



Then it hit me.....why should I have to cook my way through just one? I can create my own collection of recipes based on the needs of my family and cook 365 new recipes in 365 days.

Thus this blog is born....

No comments:

Post a Comment