Saturday, July 10, 2010

Recipe 9: Smoked Sausage Pizza



I found a recipe on Hillshire Farms webpage for Barbeque Smoked Sausage Pizza but when I went to make it thinking I had all of the ingredients, I was out of BBQ sauce and not wanting to go back to the store, I made my own version of the recipe.

It came out very good. I love any recipe my son eats well so I will definitely make this again and of course it was super easy.

Smoked Sausage Pizza

1 Package Smoked Sausage sliced at a slant (I used the new Hillshire Farms Chicken Hardwood Smoked)

1 small onion

1 cup muchrooms sliced

2/3 cup marinara or pizza sauce

1 package refrigerated thin crust pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)

1 cup Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese

Bake crust at 425 for 5 minutes and then build it like you would a normal pizza. Even though the thin crust pizza dough is a large rectangle, I did not use the entire sausage and just stored the leftovers in the freezer for something else. Put in oven for an additional 20 minutes or until crust in brown and cheese is melted and bubbly brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment