Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Recipes 4 & 5: "Italian Style" Cubed Steak and Simmered Cabbage--- Both recipes received a 5 from Hubby!!



I feel great right now!! Many thought I would be sick of this by now but I just started and I realize that I really enjoy cooking. I had a great time grocery shopping today as well for recipes 4-8 and all I can say is...Stay Tuned because tomorrows meal sounds really yummy and ladies.....Its A Slow Cooker Meal!!!





Recipes 4 and 5 were once again, easy to make, healthy and very inexpensive. When my husband was asked to rate, he didn't hesitate to give them both a 5. First of all, let me tell you that my husband has said for years, " I dont like cabbage." Tonight he said, "This is the best cabbage that I have ever had!" I just grinned from ear to ear :) The cube steak recipe was named simply, "Cube Steak" but I think in my blog and book it must be names "Italian Syle Cube Steak" :)



"Italian Style" Cube Steak
Recipe From Sparkpeople.com
Nutritional Info
Fat: 11.2g
Carbohydrates: 12.6g
Calories: 237.8
Protein: 21.6g
Ingredients14.5 oz can of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Sweet onion
8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 cup beef broth
1 lb cube steak
medium onion, sliced (about a cup)
1 clove of garlic crushed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup flour
2 TBSP Olive Oil

DirectionsCombine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge cube steaks in flour mixture. Heat olive oil in a large pan. Once hot, brown dredged steaks.After browning, add in rest of ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for an hour.Serves 5.

Simmered Cabbage
Recipezaar.com
Recipe #100417
by Julesong
25 min 5 min prep
SERVES 4
· 1/2 head cabbage, chopped into approx 1 inch squares or pieces
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 tablespoon butter
· 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
· 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
· 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth (I prefer it with the chicken)
· 3 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
Heat oil and butter in large heavy and wide saucepan or saute pan; add cabbage, salt, pepper, and stir over low heat for 5 minutes.
Add broth (I usually add a bit of sherry, too) and bring to boil, cover and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often, for about 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
Raise heat to medium, uncover and let juices reduce to about half (be careful not to let burn).
Taste and adjust seasoning, serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment