Monday, July 5, 2010

Recipe #1: Tuna Casserole 1

About a week ago my hubby said to me, " You know one thing that I love that you haven't made....Tuna Casserole." Since I had dinner plans with friends this evening, I thought it would be fitting to start with a classic that I actually do not like but my hubby requested.

When looking for a recipe, I was looking for one that didn't make too many servings (this size was perfect) and that wasn't too many calories per serving (this one is 354 calories per serving). This recipe was very easy in preparation and it was perfect for a busy mom because I was able to prepare it ahead of time. I did add bread crumbs on the top to add a little crust and when I asked him how he liked it, he said it was a 5 out of 5! The best part....Lil Harrison cleaned his plate!


Tuna Noodle Casserole I
From: Allrecipes.com
Submitted By: Cat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour
Servings: 6

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large pot of salted water, boil noodles until al dente. Drain well.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine flour, butter, and salt. Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are combined evenly. Add milk, and whisk until the sauce thickens (usually it is at the proper consistency by the time it begins to boil). Add cheese to mixture, and whisk until cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in tuna, peas, and noodles. Spread evenly in prepared dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I haven't had Tuna Casserole in years and it tasted just like I remember mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete