Now anyone that knows me, knows that at a festival the first thing I am looking for is "Chicken On A Stick". This was definitely yummy chicken on a stick!
I served this recipe along side an Asian Salad that consisted of lettuce, shredded carrots, dried cherries, and wonton strips tossed in a Sesame Orange dressing.
My husband raved and couldn't believe that it was a healthy meal because it tasted so yummy.
Thai Satay Chicken Skewers
Courtesy of TLC
Yield: Makes 4 servings
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
4 green onions with tops, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Cut chicken crosswise into 3/8-inch-wide strips; place in shallow glass dish.
2. Combine soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Reserve 3 tablespoons mixture. Add water to remaining mixture. Pour over chicken; toss to coat well. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring mixture occasionally.
3. Soak 8 (10- to 12-inch) bamboo skewers 20 minutes in cold water to prevent them from burning; drain. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
4. Meanwhile, for peanut sauce, combine coconut milk, 3 tablespoons reserved soy sauce mixture and peanut butter in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 to 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Keep warm.
5. Drain chicken; reserve marinade. Weave 3 to 4 chicken strips accordion-style onto each skewer, alternating with green onion pieces. Brush chicken and onions with reserved marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
6. Place skewers on grid. Grill skewers on uncovered grill over medium-hot coals 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning halfway through grilling time. Serve with warm peanut sauce for dipping.
:) I would definitely recommend this recipe for all to try!