Saturday, July 17, 2010

Recipe 14: Chicken Enchiladas (Weight Watchers)

I love cooking good flavorful food in a healthier way and this was a true example.

The enchilada recipe I used to use had much more cheese, much more sodium and honestly, this one tasted better.

This recipe was a hit in my house. They raved over how tasty it was and my husband couldn't believe it was healthier than the ones I have made for years.


Chicken Enchiladas Weight Watchers

Courtesy of: grouprecipes.com
Ingredients
10 Ounces cooked chicken -- shredded (I cubed mine---see variations below)
2 cups scallions -- finely chopped
2 1/2 Cups enchilada sauce
6 Inch prepared corntortillas
1 1/2 Ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese -- grated

Preheat oven to 400ยบ F, unless you have a microwave. In a bowl, combine the chicken, half
the scallions, and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce. Soften the corn tortillas, two at a time, by
steaming them for 10 seconds, or cook in a microwave for 10 second on high. Spoon 1 cup
of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x11-inch pan. Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup
of the chicken mixture. Roll each tortilla and place seam side down on the sauce in the pan.
Top with the remaining cup of enchilada sauce, sprinkle with the cheese and the remaining
scallions. Bake for 10 minutes-15 minutes.

Recipe Variations
I cubed my chicken rather than shredding it and after filling my tortillas, I had chicken left over so I sprinkled it on top before topping with the remaining enchilada sauce and the cheese. Also I doubled the recipe.

Super Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment