Sunday, July 11, 2010

Recipe 10: 7 Bone Roast--- Slow Cooker

Super Easy! Super Economical! Super Yummy!



Typically different types of meat go on sale and I often wonder to myself....can I find a good way to cook that? Well I had a 7 Bone Roast in my freezer and wanted to make a nice Sunday dinner for my family since I knew that I had a busy day ahead and no time for cooking. I did a few things differently....I marinated the roast over night in the red wine and garlic and I cooked mine for 11 hours just to make sure it was extra tender. Also I didn't add my veggies (I used all of the below plus quartered button mushrooms in until half way through the cooking process so they wouldn't be too mushy.





7 Bone Roast

Courtesy of http://www.blurtit.com/



7 Bone roast is easy but a rather long period of cooking is need if you use the traditional crock-pot. The ingredients you need are: 1 7-bone roast about 4-5 lbs, 1 envelope
Lipton Onion Soup Mix, half a cup of water, 1 cup red wine, I onion (chopped), carrot slices, potato cubes, minced garlic to taste. If you are using the tradition crock-pot, place onion, carrot slices, potatoes in the bottom on the pot. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Add water and wine and sprinkle with soup mix. Cover it and cook on low for 8-10 hours.



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment